Yves Saint Laurent Radiance Compact powder is a setting powder with a matte finish and long-lasting radiance. My mom loves this powder so I’ve decided to test it out and show you how it looks like and if it’s a good product worth buying or not. I’m going to review the powder in shade 4.
- Packaging. The golden box looks gorgeous.
- Matte finish. Well, the first 3 hours.
- It’s probably good as fixing powder and for touch-ups during the day (with foundation under).
- No coverage. Like … at all. Especially knowing that it has a few different shades, I don’t think there’s a big difference between them.
- No radiance. Or maybe the radiance means greasy shine after 3 hours?
- It’s not long-lasting. After 3 hours I got my first oil and after 6 hours I looked like I tried to eat pancakes with my face.
- It oxidizes. In just a few hours, I looked much darker.
- Price-value ratio. This product is overpriced.
- Availability. It’s discontinued, as far as I know. However, considering all pros and cons, this is probably a positive side rather than negative.
Where to buy
There will be no links since the powder is discontinued.
I would not buy Yves Saint Laurent Radiance Compact powder again. Not only because it’s hard to find, but also because I totally didn’t like the product itself. It provides nothing to me, but at the same time, it’s my mom’s the most favorite powder, so tastes differ and there’re probably more people loving this product. I’m sure it will be a good powder for fixing the foundation and/or concealer and for touch-ups, but as a standalone face product – no. At least not for me.