Vivienne Sabo Cabaret Premiere is a classic mascara that creates defined natural-looking lashes, is lightweight, clump-free, and easy to apply. In this post, I’m going to review the brown mascara (05), mention all its positive and negative sides, and share some before/after pictures.
- The brown color is brown. Not dark-brown, black-brown, or anything like that. Just brown-brown.
- Lashes look defined. The mascara doesn’t create a mess on your eyes. It doesn’t glue your lashes together (well, maybe just a bit, but all mascaras do that).
- Lashes look natural. The mascara is perfect for soft nude and everyday makeup. I heard a lot of makeup artists used this mascara for wedding makeup.
- It doesn’t smudge during the day.
- You can easily apply 2-3 layers if you want a brighter look.
- It doesn’t make lashes heavy. My lashes are straight and thin, and if there’s too much mascara on them they just fall down. With this mascara, they hold in the same position the whole day.
- Don’t expect that your lashes will touch your eyebrows – the mascara doesn’t do that.
- It feels a bit too dry.
- Don’t expect volume. This mascara doesn’t provide that.
- It might be slightly too expensive for what it does.
Where to buy
I will not buy this mascara again. It looks okay, I suppose, but I find it a bit too natural. Usually, when I want to put some makeup, I prefer my eyes look big and bright, so this mascara will not really help me. And if I want ‘natural’ look, I don’t put makeup at all or use just foundation/powder.