Maybelline Total Temptation is a mascara that according to Maybelline creates soft, separated, and dense lashes, and provides ‘soft volume’. Since the mascara has a few colors, including brown, and I was searching specifically for brown mascara, I’ve decided to try it out. It is not that easy to find great brown mascara nowadays. So, in this post, I’m going to review the Maybelline Total Temptation mascara in Deep Cocoa color.
- Price. $10.50 or 8.75 euros is totally ok for a mass-market mascara.
- Availability. Probably almost any off- or online store has this mascara in stock.
- It creates that ‘soft volume’. I usually never ever buy a mascara that provides volume since my eyelashes just fall down and lose the curve due to the amount of product this kind of mascaras apply. I was surprised that the mascara didn’t make the lashes too heavy and thus they didn’t fall down during the day.
- Color. I wish there were more mascaras with the brown color like this.
- It removes easily with any micellar water or wet wipes.
- It might glue eyelashes together. Especially, if you apply 2nd or 3rd coat after the previous coat has dried. Don’t do that. Don’t wait, don’t do 1st coat on both eyes and then 2nd. Apply 2-3 coats on the first eye, and then switch to another one.
- It smudges. Especially if you have deep-set eyes like me and your lashes touch the brow bone/skin. However, using fixing spray when the makeup is done helped me with this, but this hack probably works with any other smudgy mascara.
Where to buy
I use Maybelline Total Temptation mascara when I need my lashes to look thicker, for example when I apply brighter makeup. I will buy this mascara again if I don’t find another good mascara in a similar color, but only because of color. Speaking about everything else, there are better mascaras out there that provide a better result.