Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir is a volumizing mascara that creates the look of thick, false lashes. The mascara is very creamy and has a big 8-form brush. In this post, I’m going to review the mascara and show you why I don’t like volumizing mascaras on my lashes.
- Volume. If your lashes are naturally thick and volumizing mascaras don’t make them fall down and become straight during the day – this mascara will be probably the best mascara ever for you.
- Price. Not everyone can afford a mascara cost $27.
- Availability. Marc Jacobs beauty products are available only in their official store and Sephora.
- Brush. This is a disaster if you have small eyes like me. I prefer much smaller brushes.
- Too creamy. Most volumizing mascaras are creamy – that’s how the volume is actually created. If your lashes are thin, mascaras like this one will put too much product on your lashes so they will just fall down eventually and look like fat sticks.
Where to buy
Since Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara is not really good for thin lashes, I will not buy it again. I know it makes wonders for a lot of people, so do not be discouraged by my not-really-positive review – to each their own, you know. I prefer something with a smaller brush and with a lengthening effect.